mytruestory.com — real stories by real people
Our mission is to collect and curate compelling true story content from around the world and to facilitate turning these stories into movies. We believe the most evocative content is based on genuine life experience and we are committed to giving these stories the exposure they deserve. With our access to Hollywood studios, executives, producers, directors, writers, agents and actors, we can help bring these stories to the big screen.
- Polly Johnsen
- A producer with a first-look deal at Warner Bros., Polly has over a decade of experience as a Warner Bros. film executive, overseeing films from HARRY POTTER to SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. Her first picture she oversaw at WB, PERFECT STORM was based on true events.
- Rob Johnsen
- An Internet Consultant who helps start businesses, Rob was formerly the cofounder of mywedding.com, a company he built from scratch and sold in 2009. After helping thousands of small businesses grow and prosper from his site, he is now turning his attention to the business of story telling.
- Christy Ezzell
- After six years at Warner Bros., Christy joined Polymorphic Pictures where she heads film and TV development. Christy is a co-producer on HOW STARBUCKS SAVED MY LIFE set-up at the Weinstein Co. and is currently developing the script FISSION, based on true life events of double-agent Klaus Fuchs who is responsible for the Soviets developing the A-bomb.
- Michael Harkins
- A graduate of the Peter Stark Producing Program at USC, Michael is a screenwriter, creative consultant and independent producer.
- Rebekah Smith
- A screenwriter and filmmaker whose short films have been shown at several international festivals and won three student Emmys. Originally from Australia, Rebekah studied at AFTRS (Australian Film, Television and Radio School) in Sydney and has been living and working in LA and London for the past five years.
- Tom Akkala
- Growing up in Wisconsin, Tom always had a passion for stories. He received his college degree in Business and Chemistry and landed a project management job installing hospital software. Tom quickly realized his job was unfulfilling so he quit his job and moved to LA. He is now an aspiring producer. Tom is also a writer, creative consultant, and an independent producer. Currently Tom is overseeing social media marketing as well as curating content for mytruestory.